Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I want my house back

No pain, no gain, right? Okay, okay.  But there are workmen all over my house putting in new windows.  I am in the basement, which, okay, happens to be very comfortable--I have a t.v., my guitar, plenty of books to read and even an elliptical stair machine for exercise if I get really ambitious.  But even the most comfortable "prison" is still a "prison," right? I am starting to get that "closed in" feeling.  And the dog is barking her head off every time one of the guys moves a muscle.  Which says it all.  I am watching my soaps.  And working on my fall schedule. and playing my guitar. and slowly but surely going ccccrraaaazzzzyyyy.  But on the bright side--when they're finished, we'll have brand new windows, great insulation--which will make for a nice cozy winter season, finally!! But hurry up already!

No comments: