Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cleaning Day

Ah, yes, getting ready to go back to work, cleaning out old papers, throwing out a bunch of stuff I've been hanging on to for YEARS.  It feels so good.  I feel like I've lost weight--psychically, that is.  I'm feeling pretty good right now.  I think I'm going to be really, really ready for fall when it gets here.  Usually, I feel like I putting on the skids by this time in the summer.  You know, the comic strip character, sliding on a rug into a wall, trying desperately to stop, only there's no traction--just keeps sliding and sliding.  The wall meets him and you hear the sound, well you see it "SPLAT" and his head is flattened against the wall.  This wall is brick, by the way.  And then there are little cartoon birds, little blue birds and stars flying around his head, his eyes rolling around and around in his little cartoon head.  So usually, about this time, I'm feeling like "Holy _h_t, it's coming, it's coming, and I can't stop it!" I told Mike that I must get a lamp that simulates sunshine.  I can't face going through another winter like I did last year.  But, back to where I started--throwing things out.  Cleaning up.  I will also be throwing away that SAD thing I go through.  I'll be throwing away those same old attitudes that make me dread leaving my days of sleeping late behind, to be replaced by early mornings on the bus, walking into Starbucks for my morning brew, saying hello to a whole new group of smiling, excited freshmen.  Ah, this feels great!

No comments: