Thursday, June 17, 2010

Couch Time

Oh my--it's finally summer vacay--time to stretch out, relax, take stock, and regroup. My favorite time of year without a doubt. But then, as soon as the leaves start to turn in late August, I'm looking forward to another school year. I wonder if every teacher is like this--we are geared into that school calendar. It probably shows up in our DNA or something. My blood has chalk in it--or is it white board marker ink? At any rate, yay for summer! Mike and I are getting ready to head to Turkey for a few weeks. Another adventure--last time it was Australia--koalas, gators, and huge bats, believe it or not. I'm not sure what to expect on this trip--we'll be spending some time in Cappadochia--I'm really looking forward to seeing the caves and the quirky landscape there. And we'll also go to Ephesus and walk in the footsteps of the Apostle Paul. The ruins of that city are supposed to just be incredible. And then, there's the Aegean Sea! and in Istanbul the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Top Kapi, etc.... It should be pretty darn cool. I wanted to learn a little Turkish before I went, but that plan didn't exactly come together. I'm not very disciplined, I'm afraid. Maybe there's still time to learn Please and Thank You! Later. . . .

No comments: