Sunday, June 20, 2010

travel jitters part two

and the adventure continues. found out today that our friend from England won't be flying over to house-sit while we're gone because his mom, who is 99 years old, may be on her way out. We totally understand that he doesn't want to be away right now--I've been where he is. I knew when I went to Finland in 2002 that my mom might not be there when I got back home to Mississippi, but I was also supported by a ton of family. In our friend's case, it's him and his brother--and he is closest to his mom. I really feel for him. Not a good place to be, losing a parent. It's best if he's there when she leaves. . . .Meanwhile, the packing continues for me. I keep changing my mind about what to take. I think I've pretty much decided on a wardrobe that will fit for every occasion, but there's no way to completely plan for the unexpected. I just expect that we are going to a country that has clothing stores, for goodness sakes, so if I need something, I'm sure I'll be able to find it! Mike packs so little that anything I take looks like I'm overdoing it. Oh well, I do pretty well for a girl! Ha, ha, ha! In a few hours now, we'll be on the plane and there will be no more time for changing my mind, no more time to mis-decide. I look forward to getting into my plane seat and relaxing! Got a book, a journal, a crossword puzzle book, and my iPod. I'm ready!!!

No comments: