Monday, June 21, 2010

first day of summer?

Greetings from the lovely Pacific Northwest, where the calendar declares that it's officially summer but the thermometer claims it is still early spring. The sun hides behind the clouds and the temperature is in the 50s. Well, maybe 60s. The good news is that there is little humidity in the air. Unlike the deep South, where the heat index is well over 100 already, I'm sure. Everything's a trade-off, right? I really miss that heat sometimes, though. You walk outside and the air is so thick it's like you're breathing water. But that's why God invented AC! I'm about to go to a part of the world where it is considerably warmer, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. By the time we get back, summer will be in full swing here. Plenty of sunshine left to bask in. . . .

No comments: