Sunday, July 25, 2010

birthday eve

On the eve of my 53rd birthday: having a beer with my husband, watching the evening news on NBC (my favorite channel), grilling a steak--ah, life is good. The sun is shining--it has actually been hot today--in the 80s--which is hot for the PNW. So hot I was uncomfortable sitting on the deck reading. But I'm trying not to complain too much. After all, in a few months, it will be rainy and in the 50s--every day for at least three months. So I'll take the sun and the heat! Learned a new song today--"Heartache by the Number"--working on a few more--namely "Angel from Montgomery" and "The Way that It Goes". My fingers are so sore right now because I didn't play for a few weeks. That will never happen again!! I am having to tough it out all over again, at least for awhile. Can't wait till my fingers toughen up! Today was pretty lazy, but then, it's summer--I'm so glad I'm a teacher and have the summers off to actually be lazy for awhile. . .

No comments: