Monday, March 28, 2011

Blogging in class!

I decided to go ahead and try the blog this quarter in my argument class instead of regular journals.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.  I will need to keep my blog updated now! This is going to keep me accountable. Hm. Controversial topic of the day: President Obama's speech this evening....or wait, something more local: Pierce Transit's ongoing decision to cut four bus routes out of my morning commute.  Grr.  I know, very academic response.  I must get more facts about this situation so that I can attend the April 18th "town meeting" in Gig Harbor.  This is an inconvenence for those of use who need this bus to get to and from work--so that we can save gas, help the planet, etc. I have heard that the directors of Pierce Transit are not in any hurry to reinstate those routes.  It does help save money; but since the Lakewood fuel station exploded a few weeks ago, all they have done is make excuses about why those routes have been cut.  No plans to bring them back.  I am really griping because I don't want to get up at 5:30 in the morning.  Whine, whine.  But really? We'll only have two routes in and two routes back? From now on? SRO in the afternoons, for sure. BOO!

No comments: