Wednesday, July 28, 2010

another lazy day in summerville

Yawn.  Oh, yes--this is the day when I wake up and realize that I have almost two more months of vacay time before school starts.  Should I be planning, researching, writing--being productive, to sum it up? Why yes, of course I should.  But then, that would defeat the whole point of vacay, right? Um--I don't do well with lots of unstructured time.  I need a goal, a plan. . .I know, I make a list.  Let's see.  At the top of the list is "house cleaning." Fun.  Next comes "laundry," then, um, . . ."sit outside on the deck and read the new book I loaded on my Nook yesterday." Oh, yeah, and "play the guitar until my fingers hurt." The good stuff is at the END of the list.  How did that happen? I think I was taught the idea of deferral of pleasure too well. Defer, defer, defer.  And then you die.  Yikes! At some point, one must put the fun stuff first, right? Which brings me full circle to consider the whole point of having a vacation.  VACATE the routine.  Instead of finding the most efficient path from A to B, I will MEANDER.  I like this plan.

No comments: