Monday, September 20, 2010

I met the Cowsills!

Yes, after forty-one years, I finally met the Cowsills--Susan, Paul, and Bob.  It was a dream come true for me.  I was that nerdy little 11-year-old girl who screamed out "Barry!" and "Paul!" and "John!" at the concert in Hattiesburg, MS in 1968.  Oh yes, that was me.  The Cowsills could have been our next door neighbors.  They were like kids that lived around the block.  And they were famous! Like Susan, I had big brothers who I loved, but who were also big pains in my neck! I felt like she and I would have been friends.  Anyway, suffice it to say that I knew every song and every word to every song they ever sang, not just "HAIR"--which was the last song they sang in Ferndale, WA on Sept. 18, 2010.  Yes, it was historic.  It was a blast.  I didn't stop smiling for at least two hours after the show was over.  They stayed after for a "meet and greet"--how cool is that? Susan gave me a hug and signed my Lighthouse CD; Bob posed for a picture with me.  (See pics here!)  It was a grand evening.  We sat on the third row in the middle in a small room that seated about 300 people.  Perfect for the kind of show we were treated to.  They had fun--we had fun. And I want to see them perform again--maybe in 41 more years? You just never know.  Life has a funny way of handing out these gifts from time to time!

No comments: